Monday, March 10, 2014

AS - Evaluation Q.2

Q. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

The social groups consisting of teens, normal young people, laidback artists etc are being represented by my media product, since most professional 40 year old's will not be interested in buying a rock magazine. To answer this particular question I will comparing my model with the artists/models mainstream magazines use for example the artist from the band 'GUNS N ROSES' & 'LED ZEPPELIN'.



Both magazines are featuring a young male artist, however my artist has a more serious posture when compared to the artist of 'GUNS N ROSES'. I made my artist make this pose because I believe that it makes him look better and it suits his personality more. Whereas 'LED ZEPPELIN' is standing straight (matching my artists posture some what) and has his hand tied, my artist has his hands together giving a nice and complete feeling to the reader.
My artist has his head straight like 'LED ZEPPELIN' whereas the the artist of 'GUNS N ROSES' has his head tilted towards the side.
All 3 artists have casual hairstyles showing their playful and casual personalities.
My artist is also wearing dark clothing similar to the clothing worn by the other two.

Overall I believe that these elements represent the youth, which is what is being portrayed by my magazine throughout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment