Tuesday, March 11, 2014

AS - Evaluation Q.5

Q. How did you attract/address your audience?
YOUI used the word 'YOU' on my cover as well as my contents page hence directly addressing the audience, for e.g. 'WHICH INSTRUMENT IS FOR YOU'. I also indirectly addressed the audience with various other cover lines, for e.g. 'HOW TO WRITE THE PERFECT LYRICS' or 'WHICH MUSICAL DEGREE TO PURSUE'. All of these I believe give the audience a feeling of being included and important in the eyes of the magazine. Since their interests and issues are being directly addressed. 

Incentives
The factor of incentives 'IN IT TOW WIN IT' attract the audience since free things generally make the viewer want to buy the things offering the incentive, avail the offer and try his luck. Specially the target audience of my media product are generally young adults who will be more attracted by free things since their cognitions have not yet developed as much as perhaps a 40year old who might not be interested in minor free gifts.

Real Artists
I added various pictures of real artists and concerts, even though I know they are not known in the UK however in my society they are very popular. Hence attracting the audience with the use of real celebrities in action is always a good strategy!

Presence
Subjects like psychology, psychotherapy & counselling teach us that prescience is all that what really matters when you are looking at a client & presence can be shown by the body not facing away from the client, eye contact etc. I took such factors into consideration whilst making my model pose. I wanted him to give the audience a feeling of presence and being there, which I believe is a major factor in me addressing my audience through my media product.

KNOW HIM BETTER
Since I used an interview which was not directly addressing the audience I still wanted to add a direct or indirect mode of address which took the audience into consideration. Which is why I decided to add the 'KNOW HIM BETTER!' strip/s which would help the audience increasing their knowledge about his personal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment