Tuesday, March 11, 2014

AS - Evaluation Q.6

Q. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I used various technologies (Hardware & Software) when constructing my media product. The list of camera equipment that I used, I have already mentioned previously before:
http://fatimamasudas.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/as-final-task-planning-4.html
Apart from the above mentioned equipment I also had a tripod at hand however I didn't need to use it for my final product.
The software's I used were Adobe PhotoShop CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6 and Microsoft Office 2010.
I also used blogger and facebook (to show my peers the pictures I took, and to take suggestions). From all the above mentioned hardwares and softwares , I learnt something from almost all of them.

PhotoShop CS6:
I have already been using photoshop since quite some time, however this time whilst making the magazine I learnt a few more tips and tricks.
I learnt how to apply a clipping mask & lighting effects. However, I didn't find the need to use the lighting effects.


InDesign CS6:
I came across weird and funny issues whilst constructing my media product. For e.g. I didn't know how to show two pages as a spread in ID, and hence my alignment was not accurate. However I researched on-line and overcame this issue.

Apart from this I had to learn evrey single thing about ID from scratch:
Making a rectangle tool and filling it with color. I believed that there would be paint bucket tool in ID too since there is one in PS.
Applying gradients.
Making text boxes and then making sure they are on a equal distance (Learnt about the benefits of snapping).
How we don't need a new layer before every step in ID since things can be selected and deleted without selecting a particular layer first.
Placing pictures and making sure they fit their frame (Fit content to frame)
Etc.

Microsoft Office:
I just used this to type out my interview and copy-paste it after correcting spelling errors.

Blogger:
Again i had to learn this from scratch since I have no blogging experience behind me. At first I had given up all hope because the pictures wouldn't and at times still don't align properly, however now I tend to ignore it and keep on fiddling around till I achieve the result I want.
I also learnt how to make labels and now mu blog posts are properly labelled. For e.g. Final task, Evaluation etc.
I also changed the template of the background to go with the mood of my magazines.
Etc.

Camera:
I used a Nikon D5000 and since I have been using it since years, I knew it before hand and hence did not learn anything from that however what I did learn was how to use a speedlite.

Speedlite:
I had no experience of using a speedlite before this magazine, and since I wanted such a result I learnt it from my teacher.
http://fatimamasudas.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/as-final-task-planning-12.html

No comments:

Post a Comment